Vero Epoetin (Epoetin beta) 2000 iu



pharmacological effect

Pharmacological action – hematopoietic.


Epoetin beta is a glycoprotein that specifically stimulates erythropoiesis, activates mitosis and maturation of erythrocytes from erythrocyte progenitor cells. Recombinant epoetin beta is synthesized in mammalian cells into which the gene encoding human erythropoietin is inserted. Due to its composition, biological and immunological properties, epoetin beta is identical to natural human erythropoietin. The introduction of epoetin beta leads to an increase in hemoglobin and hematocrit, an improvement in tissue blood supply and cardiac function. The most pronounced effect of epoetin beta use is seen in anemia caused by chronic renal failure. Very rarely, with prolonged use of erythropoietin for the treatment of anemic conditions, the formation of neutralizing antibodies to erythropoietin may be observed with or without the development of partial aplasia of red blood cells.

Indications of the drug Vero-Epoetin

Anemia in patients with chronic renal failure, including those on hemodialysis.

Prevention and treatment of anemia in patients with solid tumors, anemia in which was the result of anticancer therapy, in patients infected with HIV (AIDS) caused by the use of zidovudine, in patients with myeloma, non-Hodgkin's lymphomas low-grade, chronic lymphocytic leukemia, rheumatoid arthritis.

Treatment and prevention of anemia in premature babies born with a body weight of up to 1.5 kg.

Reduce the volume of blood transfused during major surgical procedures and acute blood loss.

The original purpose of the drug erythropoietin was its use in medicine to treat anemia in certain diseases.

  • In sports, erythropoietin is used to increase endurance
  • Erythropoietin provides the instant performance boost you'd expect after years of training
  • Erythropoietin use increases risk of death and autoimmune disease
  • Scientific research on the efficacy of erythropoietin in sports is controversial. Its reception does not lead to important adaptive changes for endurance and, if it increases athletic performance, then not in all athletes.

What is erythropoietin

Erythropoietin is considered a hormone involved in the formation of red blood cells. The latter are red blood cells that carry iron and oxygen throughout the body.

In an adult, about 90% of the cytokine is produced by the kidneys, the remaining 10% of the hormone is synthesized by the liver. In the fetus, the formation of EPO (EPO) occurs only by liver tissues. Other hormones – estrogen, corticotropin – are also involved in the production of erythropoietin.

On the basis of recombinant epo, drugs used for anemia arising from:

  • HIV infection
  • Chronic kidney failure
  • oncologist
  • Chronic diseases accompanied by inflammation.

A solution containing epoitin beta is used in tissue or organ transplantation, self-donation. Also, the drug is used in the preoperative period or after surgical procedures.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *